Monday, June 16, 2014

One step, two steps, three steps, four

Man, sometimes I get so frustrated at the pace of my life.  It seems so creeping, crawling slow.  I think I want to live in fast forward.  And then I think, what am I rushing towards?  Death?  I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy the ride, rather than being rushed and goal oriented.  I think I'm too goal oriented and it makes me unhappy sometimes.

I've been really trying to get new designs produced, but with about 18hrs of so or work time a week, it is hard to.  I have two pairs of earrings I need to photograph and add, but I can't seem to get it done.  (Maybe because I wear them too much?  haha.  I also have a necklace with a lovely pink rose cut sapphire that is languishing away in my safe.)

These are two new designs that I've had molded and will cast in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking palladium for the square/cushion, and 18kt yellow for the round.  I think I'm going to get a highly included but colorless diamond for the round and see what I think of that.  Once it has been cast I can carve a band to fit the curves.






New around the house:



 Well, these aren't new.  But they are really looking great this year.  I wish hostas didn't die back in the fall.  If they were evergreen I would have them everywhere around the place.

So my little flower garden is actually coming along pretty good.  It isn't as full as I would like, but I think that will take several years.  So I'm working on enjoying it as it is.  After all, when it is all full and "finished" where will I be then?  I do think that the joy of projects is in the doing, I just need to not want to do it fast(er).




Finally! We painted the door! I had been wanting to paint it forever.  I love the way the red looks.  Still need to work on the landscaping, but the red was really such a huge improvement.  The door is old. Probably original to the house (1930ish), and it looked pretty beat.



I have more "content", but I think I will save it for another post, lest my few readers be overwhelmed with photos of gardening and home improvement projects.  I finished a lovely (!!!) oval diamond ring that I want to share as well, so maybe later this week.


2 comments:

Honey Badger said...

Oooooh! I really dig the square! I may have to start plotting out my anniversary ring. ;-)

I get frustrated when I have so much to get done, want to get it all done so I can feel less guilt about relaxing, but have a constant (or so it seems) wave of obstacles in my way. I recognize these "obstacles" as the universe's way of telling me to slow down and enjoy the now, but I would feel much better enjoying the now if I could just get my "to-do" list done! Sometimes the only thing I can do is remind myself to breathe and that everything can wait for a little longer. However, should a free spa day present itself to me, it is amazing how quickly I can clear my schedule.

Finished an oval ring?! *squeeeeeeeeee* :-D

Justine said...

Alas, it's not your oval ring. That's next. I just received the diamond so I have to carve the setting and get it cast, but it shouldn't be too much longer.
:-)