Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Earrings

Although my first foray into jewelry making in middle school was beaded necklaces (I was very fond of Czech glass beads....I think I still have a necklace stashed away somewhere, I'll get a photo), my true love was earrings.  I can still remember the back of my mom's bedroom door, covered in cool earrings.  She had this wooden rack with tiny holes that you put the ear wires through.  Full, just full, of awesome earrings.  She would buy some of them at the Saturday Market.  Which, if you are from Eugene or Portland, you know is a craft market held outdoors during the warmer months.  The Eugene one is better than the Portland one, which sort of sucks.  Anyhoo.  I think my favorites were the beaded ones, with quills.  (I want a pair and I've been looking on Etsy.)

And I've been a busy little bee myself, in the earring making department, and I've added a few new pieces to my shop.  And I'm keeping the prototypes!





Summer is in full swing here.  It's been hot!  My new cucumbers are doing really well, after I replanted because of that epic hail storm.  We ate the first artichoke from the plants I put in this year!

And of course, baby sweeties:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful earrings! Happy babies, so adorable.